cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domains..

N/A

Domains..

Hi,

I've just upgraded to the Pay as you go package which offers to host three domains!

I have two maybe three questions regarding domains.

First: I take it my (username@plus.net) counts as one domain?!?
I've bought a co.uk domain as well. Which would be two!
Can i get another co.uk for £1 or do i have to pay full price for another one? Or alternatively transfer one in?...

Second Q:
My co.uk site and my Username@plus.net site show the same things. E.g. They both are the same web page just different names! Should this be happening? Or can i have two completely different sitesHuh

Regards

Jim
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Domains..

Hi,

Only actual domains count towards your hosting limit, the username.plus.com address doesn't count as that's built into the account itself.

On the PayGo package you can only register one domain name at £1 a month, so you would either have to transfer the others in, or pay the full registration fees for them.

By default, domain names hosted on your account will point to the same space on the homepages servers. However, it is possible to change this through the Domain Names section of the Member Centre.
N/A

Domains..

Hi there,

If you know how to edit name servers etc or have a general understanding of domain names and the way a basic CP would work, I would say go to http://www.123-reg.co.uk .co.uk domains there cost a total of £6.09 for 2 years (this is after ALL charges) and all you would have to do then is change the name server settings to point to PN's own.

Hope this helps Smiley

Regards,
N/A

Domains..

Thankyou to both posts. Very intersting. The domain names page is very scant on detail but hopefully you are right should i obtaining further domain names. Cheers
N/A

Usernames

Hi,

You stated the following regarding 123's pricing :

'If you know how to edit name servers etc or have a general understanding of domain names and the way a basic CP would work, I would say go to http://www.123-reg.co.uk .co.uk domains there cost a total of £6.09 for 2 years (this is after ALL charges) and all you would have to do then is change the name server settings to point to PN's own'

I have looked on their site hoping to register a domain and the cost is £21.13 Total for 2 years - this includes VAT.

I have fallen into the registration trap of registering my Name with plus net for USERNAME and now find that it is not what I want when sending and receiving emails. Plusnet should make it clear that the USERNAME is actually the name that the WEBSITE will be known as.

Now I need to register a domain which will not include my NAME in order to get emails that do not include my NAME and I will also have to somehow redirect my Plusnet emails to the new WEBSITE name

Where do you get the prices that you quote?

Regards
Barry Galvin