cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain name transfer to and from Plusnet?

N/A

I registered a domain name through 1and1. It was inexpensive but it seems that 1and1 will not allow nameserver alterations. So perhaps the only way to effectively move this domain to Plusnet is to wait 60 days and attempt the reputedlly rocky extrication process.

Will it be as difficult to move this domain name *from* Plusnet, should the need ever arise? I've been looking around this site for info on such details but haven't spotted them yet.

It's a good thing that I own this domain name, or I can only imagine the level of difficulty that would be involved in using it. Wink

Waves from Mike
7 REPLIES
N/A

The 60 days process worked fine for me. My domain was a .com and for some reason couldn't be transferred in using the regular method, but after 60 days I raised a ticket, and it was done pretty quickly.

I think transferring out is easy, in the Domain names part of the portal, you just press transfer out and change the nameservers.
N/A

The 60 days process worked fine for me. My domain was a .com and for some reason couldn't be transferred in using the regular method, but after 60 days I raised a ticket, and it was done pretty quickly.

I think transferring out is easy, in the Domain names part of the portal, you just press transfer out and change the nameservers.

That's reassuring news about transferring out. Cheesy Is there a monetary cost involved?

More waves
Mike
N/A

There are no transfer fees from +Net in or out, unless you owe +Net any fees for the domain.

However, the provider you move to or from may charge.
N/A

Thanks for the helpful response.
Are the fees charged for the domain, including the renewal fees, listed and accessible on the Plusnet site?
I saw them referred to in the T&C's but like some of the service charges, they weren't specified there.

I also understand from the T&C's that Plusnet can make changes to these fees, including the introduction of charges for domain name transfer. All kinds of service providers seem to be enhancing the contractual quality of their T&C's by doing this these days, so nothing extraordinary there.

Definitely waving,

Mike

Moderators note (John) I have removed the unecessary quote as it was the full content of the previous page and not needed
N/A

This page should contain all the details you are after.
N/A

Thanks, much appreciated. There seems to be comprehensive information available on plusnets services, which is very reassuring. Smiley

Waving bye-bye,
Mike.
N/A

Most information which you'll need during your time with plusnet is on this page (or a link is provided to the information on that page).