cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain name question

RobDickson
Grafter

Domain name question

I have transfered my domain name (www.robdickson.co.uk) to PlusNet. This means that my website can be accessed using either www.robdickson.co.uk or www.robdickson.plus.com.

Is it possible to automatically transfer users who enter www.robdickson.plus.com to www.robdickson.co.uk? I doubt it's possible using HTML because both URLs point to exactly the same page.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Domain name question

Yes.

In thr domain control panel for your domain, point your website at a sub-directory instead.

This will mean the two sites are seperate.

You would need to re-organise the structure of your webspace to get it to operate, however, once this is done, and can place a simple HTML file with a META refresh or javascript to redirect to the domain instead.
RobDickson
Grafter

Almost there

Thank-you for your excellent and easy reply. I have created a subdirectory (robdickson), so that the subdirectory displays my website's homepage. I have also updated my domain name settings to point www.robdickson.co.uk to "/htdocs/robdickson/".

I updated my settings last night. How long should it take before the change takes effect?

PS: Not sure how to delete a post, but I've just checked and my domain settings have been updated. Sorry to have been a pain.
N/A

Domain name question

To my knowledge, anything from 3 hours to 48, though it would usualy be no longer than 24.