cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain mail to pop3

N/A

Domain mail to pop3

Hi.

Is it possible to set up a domain so that any email sent to any address other than those with associated mailboxes will bounce? On the same topic, is there a store limit for individual mailboxes, or just a limit for the whole account? What is the limit? If I use my main mailbox as a catch-all, and ignore it, leaving it to sit there catching all the spam that comes to my domain, will it eventually hit a cap? And if it does, will that affect my other mail boxes?

Cheers.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Domain mail to pop3

Have a look at the thread I started here
It should answer most of your questions
N/A

Domain mail to pop3

Thanks John. That covers most of it. It's only a shame that you can't have anything@domain.co.uk bounce unless it's sent to a specific mailbox. That shouldn't be costly or hard to implement.
Community Veteran

Domain mail to pop3

Yes but I don't think bouncing is always a good idea.
An awful lot of the spam messages have a bogus mail address so your not bouncing them back to the sender anyway.
I think I will adopt the sugestion by one of the posters to my "Sick of Spam now" thread to have message rules in outlook express just delete them from the server. This will keep thinks tidy, but I need to wait untill I'm sure the people I want to are aware of my new address.

I keep having a look with web mail and its incredible what is building up on the server already, and I only set up my named mail boxes a couple of days ago :roll: