cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Registration

N/A

Domain Registration

Does anyone know of a cheap domain reg company that has no transfer fees' or minimal ones that will let me pay through PayPal (not a problem if it doesn't but preffered as all my online cash is in paypal) I already have a domain hosted but want another and don't want to pay the large fee for another.

Thanks

Platty
10 REPLIES
N/A

I would like to know something similar

in the FAQ pages there is a section which says the following

I want to point my domain (hosted elsewhere) to PlusNet, how do I do this?
The nameservers for the domain would require to be changed to:

NS1.FORCE9.NET 195.166.128.16
NS2.FORCE9.NET 195.166.128.17

You need to then send a Contact Us ticket to us requesting that we transfer in the domain leaving the administrative and billing contacts as they are.

Am i correct in thiking that we can purchase a domain name with another company, and as long as they support this, we can change the above DNS information, send the contact ticket and then plusnet will be hosting the site (after a short delay)?

Is this process free?

Also will any renewal fees be paid to the original cheaper host not plusnets/nominets expensive renewal fees?

JFYI i am currently under my 3 free domain hosting so i dont need to pay £25 charges for this right?
Community Veteran

Domain Registration

Your understanding is correct and it is free to host upto 3 domains on your account. The billing for the domain will remain with the company you registered the domain with.

Also can I ask that in future you don't highjack other peoples thread. This is unrelated to the original posters question so should have been a separate thread.
LiamM
Grafter

Domain Registration

http://www.123reg.co.uk are very good, and very cheap. They have lots of options and you have full control. You can then point the domain to Plusnet's nameservers so they 'host' the domain, but keep all billing/admin stuff through 123reg.co.uk - Unfortunately they dont accept paypal.
N/A

Domain Registration

http://www.123reg.co.uk are very good, and very cheap. They have lots of options and you have full control.

I have noticed that when I look up nominet WHOIS search, that in most cases the applicants address is supplied. There are others who choose not to allow their name to be displayed.

How would I go about registering a domain name and keep my home address private, would it be in the sign up process or would I have to be aware of the method prior to signing up?
N/A

Domain Registration

It would be part of the signup process.

Unfortunatly, if the domain is for business purposes, then you can't hide the address information. The Nominet rules only allow home registrants to do this.
N/A

Sorry

Didnt mean to hijack, it just seemed to me our queries were very similar, i know people complain a lot if you post something that is related to another post on the page, that way all this info is kept together

But thanks for the info btw

Most appreciated

Kev
Community Veteran

Domain Registration

I used www.easily.co.uk who charge £9.99 for 2 years on a co.uk or org.uk domain to register my domain. The DNS however is the set to point at PlusNet. I am not sure if they accept PayPal as I used credit card.

David
N/A

Cheap domain registration

RegisterSite.com will register a domain for you for USD10.00 per year and allow you to pay with PayPal. However, having done just that, I now have been told by PlusNet Support that I must pay £15 for the transfer, including transfering ownership of my Domain to PlusNet. Have replied objecting to this - this goes in the face of all that has been added to the original thread, including that from petervaughan. Incidentally the domain I have registered is a .com, supposedly giving troublefree transfer according to the website.
N/A

Domain Registration

I would like to pay credit to petervaughan who has straightened me out on the difference between transfering and hosting.
From his latest advice to me, there should now be no problem with having the .com domain I have registered with RegisterSite.com for $10/year hosted. It was asking for it to be transfered that got me into difficulties.
And I paid with PayPal to answer the original question that kicked this whole thing off.
Again many thanks petervaughan.
Community Veteran

Domain Registration

Glad I could help resolve your issue.