Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Problem

ESL
Grafter

Domain Problem

Hi Guys,

I have registered a domain, which is reported as "registered and hosted" for over a week. All of the domain settings are left as standard.

I have uploaded a test index.htm into my ftp space (www.username.plus.com) which I can browse to OK.

My understanding is that my domain-name html files should be uploaded to the same location, but I cannot browse to the domain.

Have I got something incorrect?

Checking with nominet indicates that my name is registered correctly, so I can only assume I have not done something. Sad
5 REPLIES
N/A

Domain Problem

What is the a address of the domain. You have not mentioned this, so others can test access it !!
Are the nameservers listed correct at Nominet ?? ie NS1.force9.net and NS2.force9.net ?Huh
csogilvie
Grafter

Domain Problem

Is the domain http://www.sixty40.co.uk/ - I guessed this from the header on www.sixty40.plus.com?

If so, that points me to a page with "Eburyweb FP 2" on it whereas www.sixty40.plus.com points me to a page with nothing on it. - well its meant to have http://fp.sixty40.plus.com but it doesn't seem to be working Smiley
ESL
Grafter

Domain Problem

Wink Sorry guys, had a bit of a "senior" moment there!

I HAD changed one of the settings and forgot - oops!

In fact I had set the domain hosting to be in a sub-directory of htdocs, not htdocs as I had thought. I have now changed the subdirectory to something more memorable (so I won't forget again) and also figure a couple of other things out too.

I am guessing here, but now that I have changed the domain hosting directory, it may take a few hours to be updated across all servers again?
csogilvie
Grafter

Domain Problem

Probably. I can't say how long it will take though, as I don't really know.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Domain Problem

Hi,

It generally takes up to 4 hours for this sort of change to propogate, but allow an extra 24 to be sure. From what I can see it looks like it has already changed though.