cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Names

keithcalder
Grafter

Domain Names

I have asked plusnet to register a domain name. Over a week has passed and I am still waiting on the dns register to update. Anyone know how long this should take as I've only ever registered 1 domain name previously and it happened almost immediately. :?: Cheers in advance..

Keith
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Domain Names

This may sound like a silly question... but have you checked that the domain name hasn't already been taken?

Thomas
keithcalder
Grafter

Domain Names

Yes I have. The domain is still showing as available and I cannot understand why. Oh well, never mind, I may have it configerable by Monday.
Heres hoping anyway, as for the domain, well its btsuckandhereswhy.co.uk . I have had it with that company and am going to dedicate the rest of my natural life to bringing them down to size. Its about time ppl knew how rotten to the core thay actually are. Evil
Community Veteran

Domain Names

I think you should be careful registering domains like that, BT is a registered trademark and virtually everyone that has ever registered a BT mentioning domain name has felt thier wrath.

Chris
N/A

Domain Names

But surely BT could stand for anything? (Unless on the site of course you specifically mention them...)
Community Veteran

Domain Names

I assume from his post he is going to put a website up about them.

Chris
keithcalder
Grafter

Domain Names

I think you should be careful registering domains like that, BT is a registered trademark and virtually everyone that has ever registered a BT mentioning domain name has felt thier wrath.

Chris

Well somebody has to make a stand sometime. If they think their might is gonna bother me, their wrong. I have had mean greif because of them, they are in the wrong , and I'm gonna do my best to get them and show the public what they are really like. Ahrrrh, I hate em :twisted:
N/A

Domain Names

If it hasn't registered yet, you should contact +Net using the link:contact us system.

I have to admit, the +Net system was pretty immediate for me. Order placed last weekend and hosted by monday.
keithcalder
Grafter

Domain Names

Yes I've done that and they tell me to contact them again by Monday if its still not configurable. Oh well,I'll have to wait until then before I get up and going. Also checked the legal side, and BT cant do anything as long as theres no fairy stories attached, but it will be simple, and stright for the jugular I'm afraid, as Oftel have now advised me to take legal action against BT as it looks as though they're not willing to negotiate without the courts forcing them too. I dare say I'll be busy reading for a while as I'm starting to hear from disgruntled customers already..
N/A

Domain Names

That is all well and true, however, you could only tell your own story.

I have noticed on your current site, you are asking people to send in there own stories. Because this is a manual process, you are held responsible for them.

If they are fact or fiction, it is up to you to find out.

A such, that may be the way for BT to shut you down, when one of these stories is a lie.
Community Veteran

Domain Names

Having a website complaining about BT is fine as long as you keep everything truthful which you say you are doing. BT don't like people registering domains with thier name in them, they might not be bothered in your case or they may have changed thier policy in which case you will be ok.

Chris