cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialing plustalk from asterisk fails

N/A

I'm trying to get Asterisk to dial out through PlusTalk. It's registered with the peer ok:
rivendell*CLI> sip show registry
Host Username Refresh State
sip.plus.net:5060 plustalk@riv 105 Registered

But when I try and dial I get a "bad request":
-- Executing Dial("SIP/rivendell-5704", "sip/sip.plus.net/01159xxxxxx") in new stack
-- Called sip.plus.net/01159xxxxxx
-- Got SIP response 400 "Bad Request" back from 84.92.5.190
-- SIP/sip.plus.net-8ba4 is circuit-busy

I'm not sure where to go from here since "bad request" doesn't do much to tell me what's wrong.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi, can you tell me what you have in your sip.conf - it might help to shed a bit more light on the problem.
N/A

register => plustalk@rivendell2.plus.com:xxxxxxxx@sip.plus.net/plustalk

[sip.plus.net]
dtmf=rfc2833
type=friend
username = plustalk@rivendell2.plus.com
fromuser = plustalk
secret = xxxxxxxx
fromdomain = rivendell2.plus.net
host = sip.plus.net
context = default
insecure = very
qualify = yes
canreinvite = no
allow = all
N/A

username = plustalk@rivendell2.plus.com
fromdomain = rivendell2.plus.net

Doh! spot the bug Smiley (should be .com, not .net)
N/A

Did you manage to get it going after that correction? Using your settings, I get as far as attempting an outgoing call connection which rings but the call does not complete.
N/A

Did you manage to get it going after that correction? Using your settings, I get as far as attempting an outgoing call connection which rings but the call does not complete.

Yep, it works... or rather, it gives me a recorded message saying I'm out of credit but I'm currently giving PN support a kick about that since I'm supposed to have 240 free minutes...
N/A

I have sorted out outgoing calls but incoming are not yet reaching me. Its needs some more work.

If you want to test out your system further, try dialling **393411 which takes you via the FWD peer link to where they have a voice interactive news/current affairs line that is free to use.