cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Hijack Trojan

worcsdave
Grafter

Desktop Hijack Trojan

Ended up with this nasty thing on my PC tonight; have removed it with CounterSpy, but my desktop background will not change from white (flickering) - I don't seem to be able to change it back to what it was before the trojan landed.

Any suggestions for how I might do this?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
ChrisR
Grafter

Desktop Hijack Trojan

Visit Community Feedback at MSN, they'll be able to help you:

http://groups.msn.com/CommunityFeedback
worcsdave
Grafter

Desktop Hijack Trojan

I seem to have got rid of it - after much running of various antispyeare/online virus scanners. Visit www.majorgeeks.com and check out the Remove Spyware tab on the right hand side of the home page - but be warned, it is a VERY lenghty process.

However, I also used the 'Restore Points' facility in Windows XP which took the PC back to 'healthy' settings and that worked even faster.
N/A

Desktop Hijack Trojan

However, I also used the 'Restore Points' facility in Windows XP which took the PC back to 'healthy' settings and that worked even faster.

Hi, this can very well at times, but be careful using restore. If a virus/spyware etc, installs something in your startup routine, and you restore your machine, you can re-infect your machine and undo all your hard work.
I always recommended people turn it off, before dis-infecting their machines, for this reason.