cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Outlook Explorer & Outlook Express

N/A

I have been using Firebird for sometime and am very happy with it. Similarly I have started using Thunderbird, which is looking good, so can I ditch, as in delete Outlook Explorer and Express?
3 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

I'm not sure if you can delete Internet Explorer and Outlook Express - but I could be wrong. Incidently, Firebird is now known as FireFox Smiley
Community Veteran

Do you mean internet explorer not outlook explorer?

There is no need to delete either. Mozilla works perfectly well with both of those still installed. In any case, you would not have a backup option should mozilla or it's email client fail for any reason.

You also still need IE to run windows update to download security fixes etc from microsoft. There are also some web sites that still only work with IE.

Leave IE and OE alone, they do not need to be removed. On some versions of Windows you can't remove them anyway.
N/A

Leave IE and OE alone, they do not need to be removed.

Best left well alone I think. Despite all the anti-trust malarki, you could still give yourself grief.
On some versions of Windows you can't remove them anyway.

True! On an XP machine I installed recently I deleted MSIMN.EXE (Outlook Express) and before my very eyes XP put it back! :shock: