cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DeepThroat Trojan

N/A

DeepThroat Trojan

Is it just me thats got a problem or what Folks. In the last 35 mins or so Norton internet security 2003 has stop over 776 attempts by the DeepThroat Trojan Horse, and there coming from random ip addresses too.

Andy.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

DeepThroat Trojan

hmm wouldnt know as my routers nat would block them, but will test a pc in dmz. But this is the usual result of you using IRC, as some people log IP's and scan the IP block your on looking for someone with that particular trojan.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

DeepThroat Trojan

I haven't used irc in over 2 years, so that rules that out. :lol:

Andy.
N/A

DeepThroat Trojan

If someone else has used it on +net then they may be doing a scan of the ip range.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

DeepThroat Trojan

well no hits so far but not surprised as your on a different IP range to me. Your on 212.56.*.*, I'm on 212.159.*.*

Likely it is someone on IRC using infected machines aka Bots to scan for more that are infected to do a DDos somewhere. So your firewall is doing its job, log it and do whois lookups and mail the ISP's concerned as some do take action now. As I've had Australian users scanning before and mailed there abuse dept. and have had a report back within a week that the user had been contacted and dealt with, just wish UK ISP's did the same.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

DeepThroat Trojan

Thanks for the info. I'm upto 3476 attempts now so i dont think i'll bother emailing anyone's isp's as i'll be at it for the next 6months or so.

Once again thanks for the info, maybe its time i got +net to change my ip address, ive had it for 12months now i think.

Andy.