cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with repeated emails with virus

Dizzley
Grafter

For the last 60 days or so I've had emails perporting to come from the same sender with viruses. Mostly the same virus. I get 8 or 10 a day and occasionally they contain a novel virus. I have had the occasional one slip through the PlusNet virus filter but I always grab 'em as they go to a particular adressee.

The PlusNet email virus mangler tells me the following:

The item(s) in question picked up by the service was:
The Worm.SomeFool.P virus
The .exe banned filename
and was sent to you from:

?@xXX-XX-XXX-XX.cable.ubr04.haye.blueyonder.co.uk

IP changed to protect the "innocent" Wink

I've tried forwarding the originals to abuse@blueyonder.co.uk but I may as well be spitting in the wind.

Is there anything I can do about this kind of thing? I'm concerned that a new virus will sneak through and "some fool" will run it before he realises. Where do I start?

I suspect it's some poor sap who has had his Blueyonder PC hijacked. I'd like to "educate" him/her.

/Pete
3 REPLIES
N/A

Pretty much pointless. Unless you work at Blueyonder, you have no method of getting the persons contact details, be they e-mail or home address.
Community Veteran

This is more likely to be a spoofed from address, and has no connection with the actual owner of the email address. There is nothing you can do about this as the actual sender will be untraceable.

All you can do is what you and PlusNet are, identifying it as a virus and deleting it.
Dizzley
Grafter

That's what I feared. Gnash. Gnash.

I'll just delete them. Cry

/Pete