cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS only hosting

davebarfoot

DNS only hosting

OK, I'm pretty sure I understand how to go about getting this set up, I just have one question about the changeover period.

The instructions state that I need to let the DNS changes propagate before requesting the changes at the plusnet end. Do I assume my emails coming in for the domain just start bouncing until the changes are complete? If they do, is there anything I can do to mitigate the problems?

Thanks,

Dave.

Moderators note (John) I don't see this as just an ADSL subject so I have moved it here to the Everything Internet forum.
2 REPLIES
N/A

DNS only hosting

I beleive I have seen in the past that people have changed only the seconry DNS server over to PlusNet, then request that the rest takes place.

This will allow for the records to be setup at PlusNet. Once this is done, grant full control to the PlusNet name servers and it should then rollover on there own.

Changing the DNS server to PlusNet, is there way of confirming you own the domain, even if the details listed in the whois record is the same.

I am not sure if support will understand with this, however, Dave or Ian may be able to clarify the position on how to have it done this way.
davebarfoot

DNS only hosting

Thanks. I'll try that.

Dave.