cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG834G VPN

Community Veteran

DG834G VPN

Hi All,

I got myself a DG834G today in exchange for my GT which had become faulty. With the 834G you can setup a VPN which could come in rather handy for me this week as I'm going to be away from home.

What I'd like to do is setup a VPN connection between my house and where I'm going to be staying this week. On the connection side of things we both connect to the internet using DG834Gs although only I have a static IP.

I'd like to get it setup so that I can access my network back here as if I was connected locally to it and I intend to leave the setup in place when I get back home so that I can access their network as if I was locally connected.

I guess in effect I want the two networks to become one, but with the machines on their network routing to the internet via their router rather than over the VPN to mine then out to the internet and vice versa also I'd like the ability to add a couple of other networks in at a later stage (IE when I go to uni).

I've never done this before so I'd appreciate if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to do this.