cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG834 firmware upgrade

N/A

DG834 firmware upgrade

Hi, I've got a Netgear DG834 and all is working fine apart from one small thing, I can't seem to get the firmware upgrade to work. I have downloaded the new firmware from Netgears site, but after I have browsed to it on the routers upgrade page and click the upgrade button, nothing happens. Well something does happen, I get a graphic with a rotating hour glass saying the this may take a few minutes, but I can't see any data going over the network from the PC, and I have tried it many times, and left it as long as 15 mins, but still no upgrade.

Any ideas.

Ian.
6 REPLIES
N/A

DG834 firmware upgrade

You either have the wrong upgrade for the router, the version is the same or the current firmware is corrupt. The upgrade is unlikely to take place if data is flowing. Unplug the phone connections and leave only the controlling PC connected to the router. Check the versions !!!

You can download the "Firmware upgrade fix" , which includes firmware version 1.03.00, for this router from my site at:
www.cqg4uzg.plus.com/dg/DG834RecoveryUtility.zip
This fix is intended to load the firmware if the router goes dead after an abortive firmware upgrade. It should also fix your problem. The fix was downloaded from the neatgear newsgroups, I hold no responsibility if it goes wrong.
N/A

DG834 firmware upgrade

Thanks for that, however the above link doesn't seem to work.

I have got it to upgrade though, I was trying to use ie 5.5 on W2K, so I decided to try ie 6 on XP, and it upgraded fine.
Community Veteran

DG834 firmware upgrade

N/A

DG834 firmware upgrade

Whoops, problem of hand typing instead of copy & paste.
N/A

DG834 firmware upgrade

New firmware 1.04.01 is out incase anybody's
interested.
Alec
PLC
Grafter

Works AOK as far as I can see.