cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curse of the FTP upload returning ????

N/A

The last couple of days I've noticed that the auto upload to my webspace has been having problems with the upload sticking. Luckily the programme doing the upload can recover from this and disconnects after X seconds.

I had this problem before and after a long session frustrating too and throw of Tickets. The most frustrating bit that Plusnet kept closing the tickets themselfs then denied it. The mods kindly on here suggest ftp2.plus.net which solved the problem.

Still using the same FTP server the problem seems to be back unless theres been some unannounced work on the servers. Has anyone else had problems. I checked my router logs and I was connected to Plusnet at the time.

The orginal problem always involved batches of files never singular files and at a random intervals the upload would hang. Hopefully the problem hasn't returned as I had too move my web site to another server as any Windows based ftp programme would hang.
2 REPLIES
N/A

same stuff happens to me.

I use FileZilla,

what FTp client are you using?
N/A

Built in which comes with the software. However any Windows based FTP program will display the same problems. Been alright today so I'm presuming they've been messing around with the FTP server and didn't tell anyone.

Interestingly if I did the same job via a dos based script it never failed. No ones ever come up with a reason for that.

Luckily the new version of the Weatherlink software the ftp will disconnect automatically after 30 minutes and recover while the old one fell over for the day.