cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl+f5

zpeterk
Grafter

Ctrl+f5

Is it me or has ff changed ctrl+f5 to open rather than refresh page?

In view it now says ctrl+r to reload
6 REPLIES
N/A

Ctrl+f5

Nope.

Im still reloading with ctrl+F5. Have you altered any settings by accident or something ?
What version are you using as im on 1.5.0.1

Regards,
N/A

Ctrl+f5

If your using one of those multimedia keyboards having the F-Lock turned off (or on) can change the way the F-keys work.

For example with the F-Lock off on my keyboard it forces all the keys to their multimedia alternatives (F5 opens the bookmarks when F-Lock is off but when its on it refreshes as normal).

The reason this is, is because usually a multimedia keyboard will have another alternate button designated to refresh. Also CTRL+F5 is a clear cache refresh (re-loads all the images etc of the current page), normal refresh is just F5 which doesnt clear any cache.
zpeterk
Grafter

Ctrl+f5

Thanks phearfactor

It was the f lock key

Cheers
N/A

Ctrl+f5

I hate F lock so much, its stupid, and why does it default to being ON and thus disabling your F keys!!!
N/A

Ctrl+f5

lmao I dont like them either, I remember when I purchased my first multimedia keyboard and threw it away because I could never get the F8 key to work so I could continue with the Windows Install (F8 to agree, wouldnt work because it was defaulted to off and I had never seen an F-Lock before).

My own fault I should of read the manual but then again keyboards dont come with manuals, atleast none I have ever owned lol :roll:
N/A

Ctrl+f5

:lol: I had one like that before. I had never used or owned a multimedia kb either. I didnt go as far as throwing mine out but it did take me some 40 minutes ti figure the F-lock out.

Since I aint bothered with them and now have a kb which only has 3 buttons as extra features and is ultra thin.

Better that way anyway less travel distance for the fingers yanno Wink lol