cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a second directory

N/A

I want to add a photo gallery to my exisiting website hosted a plus net. I assume that I would have to create a new directory for it as it uploads its own index page, which would interfere with my original web index page.
How do I do this?

Trevor
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What do you normally use to access and upload to you website at the moment?
If its something like CuteFTP then just right click in the htdocs folder and from the dropdown box select make new directory.
N/A

I do use Cuteftp to upload, I'll give it a try.

Cheers
Trevor

Moderators note (John) Quote removed as it was just a copy of my previous post. Please only use quotes to emphasise part of a post and not just re-post the whole of a preceding entry.
N/A

I've created a second directory butwhen I try to upload the file from DigiPhoto it returns an error messege 'access denied' or file already exists. I seem to be doing something wrong.

Trevor
Community Veteran

If you double click on your new directory does it open up and show you either that its empty or there are indeed files in there?
N/A

My error, as I thought it would be. I was incorrectly addressing the new directory. It's now up and running on www.beckenhamconcertband.com gallery pages.
Thanks for your time and help!

Trevor
Community Veteran

N/A

Just a suggestion, but you might want to consider resizing your photos before uploading them to the website as at the moment they're ENORMOUS! Smiley
N/A

That's the next job, the band's photo archive is quite large and now I know how to do the gallery I can start trawling through the archive to select photos and process them appropriately.
Thanks for visiting!

Trevor