cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct domain name links?

N/A

I need some advice on my domain. Here's the story;

*I have a web up and running on my fp.domain.plus.com - works fine.
    *I own a domain name only through another company which is set to forward to my fp.domain.plus.com - again works fine.
    *However, how do I change this config so that links within my web show up as my domain name rather than fp.domain.plus.com. for example users see www.backtheboys.co.uk/... instead of fp.spencerswood.plus.com/... on links within my page.

Is this do with transferring the domain to PlusNet? If so, how much is it likely to cost given that I've already paid for the .co.uk domain?

Any help appreciated :?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, you would need to transfer the domain over to +Net.

Your current domain company, is using frame forwarding, to send visitors to your site. Only the one page resides at your domain, which simply points to your proper site.

As such, you can't address pages on the domain hosters systems, and expect the pages to pop up.

Transfering solves this issue.

However, I would check with +Net via the contact us system, or wait for a reply here (contact us will gurantee a reply). I am not sure if your domain can be pointed to the frontpage server.
N/A

Thanks Philip, will ask via Contact Us system. Hopefully others in the forum may also be able shed some light Smiley
Community Veteran

Yes, you would need to transfer the domain over to +Net.

However, I would check with +Net via the contact us system, or wait for a reply here (contact us will gurantee a reply). I am not sure if your domain can be pointed to the frontpage server.

I think that Philip is right here as I have set up a domain for a friend that uses front page. At that time it was not possible to have the domain pointing to the front page server.
If you do find this is now different please post back here and let us all know.
Community Veteran

You can't point the domain striaght to the fp space due to the way the virtual hosting on the server is configured.

You will still need to either redirect or use frames.

Chris
N/A

Hmm, seems there may be a work around. Thanks to Saeed at PlusNet support who has recommended www.moonphase.plus.com for instructions on how to do this.
Will give it a try and see what happens Wink