cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consultancy phone line

N/A

Consultancy phone line

Will the newly announced Consultancy phone line (50p per minute) be available to non-PlusNet customers? I hope not - we don't want the hoi polloi clogging up the lines :roll:
5 REPLIES
FireStorm
Grafter

Consultancy phone line

Well at £30 per hours its a very good rate hehe
N/A

Re: Consultancy phone line

Will the newly announced Consultancy phone line (50p per minute) be available to non-PlusNet customers? I hope not - we don't want the hoi polloi clogging up the lines :roll:
You can't get through to Plusnet without a very lengthy wait at the best of times, so you'd better hope not other wise you'll never get an answer.

I may be just being sceptical, but this just seems like Plusnet trying to cut the amount of calls they get by introducing a charge. Calling it a 'consultancy line' softens the blow a little, but they are simple turning their support system in to a premium rate number for everything except serious issues like lack of connection etc.

Hopefully it will mean a better response from customer service, but I guess time will tell...
N/A

To clarify...

This is to be an additional option for complicated problems not related to PlusNet. The local call helpline will not be affected.
N/A

Consultancy line

What you didn't clarify is that trying to get through to plus.net is a nightmare and the only way you can is through the new premium rate phone line. You can alternatively use the support tickets which take a day for someone to reply to.
N/A

Consultancy phone line

Your argument does not hold water.

On the rare occasion I have rung PlusNet, the call was answered without undue delay. You can check the waiting time:
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 and try when they are not so busy.

How do you know you can 'only get through' on the new line? The number has not been announced yet!