cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring X-Lite help required,Ivan

N/A

Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed the freeware X-Lite software but could do with a little bit of help configuring it, any help doing this would be MOST appreciated.

**Anyone else currently using X-lite, eyebean or ineen who would kindly help with phoning me or allowing me to contact them for testing VOIP would also be appreciated too.

**Hardware: XP Pro SP1, 2MB Broadband Premier, DSL D-Link DSL 200 modem, Microphone, speakers, X-Lite software.

My Thanks Ivan
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Ivan,

Have you tried the animated tutorial. I found it very useful. Details here

Unfortunately I am in the office at present and dont have Plus Talk on our business account. If you still need to test it I'll happily do so when I get home.

Good luck setting it up.
N/A

Firewall Probs now phone unable to login,Ivan

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your helpful reply, downloaded and played both animated tutorials and it all makes sense, so far so good. I've checked and double checked all my settings. But I'm now having problems with firewall settings, and so the phone wont login successfully.

Its annoying as I've enabled X-lite in my ZoneAlarm applications listing so in theory it should be able to pass through the firewall. So I suspect its a config setting in the phone not Zone Alarm as such but where is going to be more difficult as I'm not familar with whats needed? Cry

How do It get an SID if I'm already a plusnet customer?? any ideas sorry if thats a dumb question.

Ivan
N/A

Hi Ivan,

Your SID is accessible from the Plus Talk link in Account Details in Member centre.

I am running Zone Alarm at home to, with no problems.

I'll check my local settings later for you and if I can, post some screen grabs incase youve missed somthing out.

I'll get back to this later.
N/A

Thanks for your help, Ivan

Hi Mark,

The problem I'm having with X-lite might be down to the fact that as a moderator I use a PAYGO account and this doesnt support PlusTalk even though I'm on a Force9 Broadband Premier 2MB connection, so I am going to have to wait until PlusTalk is launched on F9 I'm sure I'll eventually have it up and running then.

Thanks I might still want/need to come back to you for more help in the future if I may? (just like to leave that option open with you if thats OK with you?) Thanks for all your help so far much appreciated too.

**Do you know if the EyeBeam software (soft phone) is that freeware or does one have to pay for it? any ideas on that?

Thanks Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
The True power of knowledge is when its shared.
LiamM
Grafter

Out of interest, who is providing the commentary on the animated guide? Sounds very Yorkshire.
N/A

Thanks I might still want/need to come back to you for more help in the future if I may?

Any time Ivan.

Do you know if the EyeBeam software (soft phone) is that freeware or does one have to pay for it? any ideas on that?

Cant help on that one. Sorry.

Sounds very Yorkshire

Maybe a local lad then. Great accent dont you think. Smiley