cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Email for a domain

N/A

If this is a FAQ please refer me but I have searched the forum for email and domain and didn't find the answer.

I have registered a domain and transferred it to plusnet and is now configured to map to the cgi server. However, I am not sure where email to this domain goes at present. It is certainly not being captured by my plusnet account.

How can I arrange for all email coming to this domain to be forwarded to a specified email address? Is this where mx records come in? If so could someone share a quick example?

Thanks

James
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Any email for fred@domain.com or bert@domain.com will go to your fred@username.plus.com or bert@username.plus.com mailbox. i.e. something@domain.com goes to something@username.plus.com.

If you don't have specific mailboxes defined for say fred or bert then all email will go into your default mailbox which you pick up using username + password.

It is not possible to redirect all email for your domain to a single mailbox. You can only redirect specific mailboxes and then only your @username.plus.com ones. The only way to do this is to setup your own mail server and manage the mailboxes on your own PC. You use the SMTP option to do this.