cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complain to Hotmail

Community Veteran

Complain to Hotmail

Anyone know of the best way to complain about a Hotmail user?
I've recieved some abusive emails and I'd like to complain about them.

Chris
8 REPLIES
N/A

Complain to Hotmail

Report Abuse

Report e-mail abuse to MSN Hotmail
If you have received abusive, harassing, or threatening e-mail messages from an MSN Hotmail account, follow the steps below to report it. To report junk e-mail, please see the "Report junk e-mail to MSN Hotmail" section above.

Turn on full message headers. MSN Hotmail will need this information to identify the true origin of the abusive message you received:
If you have an MSN Hotmail account, click Options in the upper-right corner of any page. Click Mail on the left side, and then click Mail display settings. Next to Message headers, click Full, and then click OK.
If you do not have an MSN Hotmail account, consult your e-mail program's online Help to determine how to view full message header information.
Forward a complete copy of the abusive message (including the full message header) to abuse@hotmail.com.
Community Veteran

Complain to Hotmail

Cheers, thought that was the case but wanted to be sure Smiley I couldnt find a suitable method on thier website.

Chris
holdtight
Grafter

Complain to Hotmail

Dont expect a rapid reply Chris apart from the obligatory automated one
thats if you get a reply at all as they dont seem too keen to get involved
in such matters which i think is why its so hard to find any complaint links on the site
Community Veteran

Complain to Hotmail

Well Ive also complained in a few other outlets where this person is posting incorrect things about me.
N/A

Complain to Hotmail

can we post them here for fun?
N/A

Complain to Hotmail

Chances are it is a disgruntled forum user who also has a hotmail address.

Chris, if you view the full headers on the hotmail messages you should see what IP address the messages are sent from to find out if it is PlusNet account.
holdtight
Grafter

Complain to Hotmail

Well Ive also complained in a few other outlets where this person is posting incorrect things about me.

Good idea it never hurts ! darkskye may be correct about a disgruntled forum user
Community Veteran

Complain to Hotmail

Thanks guys, I've logged all of my complaints but the issue seems to have blown over now, which I was hoping for, but wanted to get the slow moving corporate cogs moving just in case.