cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comodo

the_groundsman
Grafter

Comodo

I read these boards a bit and thought the time had come to move up from the Win XP firewall and that in my router to a "real" one. So being a freebe I chose Comodo as recommended on here.

I've had it running since last night but everytime Iuse the PC it seems to be throughing out warnings all over the place to me. Most are are ound Itunes firefox and IE7, but sometimes they are unfamiliar appliactions. When I check them out them seem to be legitimate parts of windows. and not too much to worry about ( i think)

I feel a bit lost with this,

Any high level words from the wise to guide me or whould I just uninstall and go back to blissful ignorance

[Moderators Note by Daniel (no7olivier) Moved Thread to Everything Internet Which is more appropriate for this discussion.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Comodo

It sounds just like its asking which applications can access the internet.

It will do this the first time any application uses the internet, and in the warning you get should give you the chance to allow that application to use the internet without asking in future.

My experience is with ZoneAlarm (not Comodo), but it will also possibly do this again if the application is updated.

Just keep at eye on what is asking for internet access, this is the advantage of a software firewall, as it can show applications using the internet, that you where not aware of such as Trojans.

But on the other hand you have to be careful as many applications will check on the web for updates, so may warn you about internet access, when there is nothing untoward going on.

Chilly
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Comodo

As chilly says this sounds like it is in the initial training stage. Alot of firewalls will ask you whether to allow access or not when a new application is trying to use a network or internet connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
the_groundsman
Grafter

Thanks for this but still having a problem

I've now taken Comodo off. I really liked the interface.

For some reason while it was running I could not send or receive mail through my website mailserve ( not hosted by plus net). I also found that lots of RSS feeds didnt seem to work. The EMail situation was bizarre as I kept getting a 451 error on sending and test mails sent from plusnet didnt get through to outlook or to my websites webmailHuh

Within 15 mins of taking Comodo off the mail sent 24 hours ago started coming through.

So its back to Windows firewall for now.

Did I mess up with Comodo or would you recommend something else.
N/A

Comodo

IS this the reason we have problems collecting webmail on one computer [running Comodo] and not on the laptop [running Zone Labs]. Help please.
Judith
N/A

Comodo

not quite sure whether comodo is all there yet. i used it for a while and it was a pain on a server/client network with regards to shares. took it off and used kerio and all is well.
shame really.