cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for calling USA mobiles

N/A

I was wondering if anyone knew why there is a 10p surcharge to call USA mobiles on PlusTalk. USA mobile numbers are no different from USA landline numbers and, unlike in the UK, there is no additional cost involved in calling a USA mobile number from a USA landline number.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Sipgate for USA calls charge the same 1.5p rate for both landline and mobile. But PlusTalk charge the same 2.5p rate for calls to Singapore while Sipgate charge different rates. Admittedly cheaper at 1.3p land and 1.5p mobile.

Don't know enough about the US numbering system and your right that the numbers don't look any different. I have approximately 50 US mobile numbers in my address book and they all start with the same state/city prefix number as the person's landline. When I change over to Plustalk, still using Skype, I will make a test call and see if I get charged at the 10p rate.
N/A

Just a comment, skype are now doing free calls to landlines and cell phones in the US and Canada. This only applies though if you are calling from the US and lasts until December I think