cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see banner on web site

N/A

Hi, I've recently been playing with my webspace and experimenting with html, mainly to see if I can do it. Anyway I’ve made a couple of test pages into which I added a plusnet referral banner. My problem is when I view the pages in IE6 from home I cant see the banner, when viewed from a PC at work, also IE6, there it is flashing away.

Any suggestions as to why my browser will not show the banner would be greatly appreciated as it is difficult to get the page layout right when U cant see the banners. :?

I have tried reinstalling internet explorer and had no joy.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Possibly the cache memory displaying the old page.
Try clearing the cache and see if that helps.
N/A

Thanks for your reply John, cleared cache memory still no joy, cant see the banner on my web space or on the copy of the same page saved on my hard drive.
Community Veteran

Ok I can see it if I visit your home page.
It has to be some setting in your browser that causing it.
Cant think offhand what though. I'll have a look through the settings in my IE6 and see if I can suggest anything.
Community Veteran

Ok go to tools internet options and then the advanced tab.
Check that show pictures is ticked.
I have just tried it without it being ticked and the banner disappears
If its not that then I'm stumped.
N/A

Show pictures was ticked, I hit the reset defaults button while I was there just in case I had accidentally changed something, but still no luck. I’ll try printing the screen with those settings and compare them with the ones at work. Thanks for your help anyway John.
Community Veteran

Just wish I could have helped you solve it.

If and when you do find what the cause was please post back here and then we will all be that little bit wiser. Wink
N/A

What happens if you right click on the image placeholder, and click "show image"?
fistsbs
Grafter

I have Norton firewall 2003 and it stops me from seeing plusnet referral banner.
N/A

My setting appear to be identical to those on my PC at work.

I cant right click on placeholder as its not visible, if I place my mouse over the area where I know the banner is, nothing happens the area is not live.

I am running Norton 2003 I have just tried to view the page with nortons disabled and still cant see it. Although I know from a problem I had with Autocad, disabling and uninstalling nortons can have different results.

Thanks to all anyway, when I have more time I’ll have a look around Symantecs site and try it without Norton on my machine.