cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send mail with Thunderbird

N/A

I can receive mail to my default email address, but when I try to send anything it says:
An error occurred when sending mail. The mail server responded: Verification failed for <username@username.plus.net> (where username == my username).

I get similar messages if I try to use a mailbox id.

outgoing mail is set to SMTP at relay.plus.net on port 25 with Use name and password unchecked and Use secure connection set to NO.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Dont like the username@username.plus.net
It should be username@username.plus.com
N/A

Aditionaly.

Make sure thunderbird has "Use username and password" unticked in the outgoing server details.
N/A

Dont like the username@username.plus.net
It should be username@username.plus.com

Arrrghhhhghhghghhgh

Everything else is plus.net & I missed the cunningly concealed plus.com when attempting to interpret the Outlook Express instructions in terms of Thunderbird panels.

Thank you - I could have looked past that mistake for days.
N/A

I have been trying to set up my email since yesterday and I overlooked the .com every single time. I couldnt get either Evolution or Thunderbird mail clients to work. I kept trying different things till this morning I came to search in the forums and found this thread. I must have read the email settings pages number of times and still missed the .com portion.

My request is to highlight the .com or say it should be .com not .net if at all possible.

Anyway my mail is working now and I am happy to have found this thread and the reply here.

Thanks