cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find my uploaded site?

N/A

Can someone help please?

I have uploaded my site (built with a simple web builder called WebEasy that builds the final site in HTML) with Cute FTP to the HTDOCS folder and when i open it my uploaded files are in it, but when i do a google search for my site it cannot find it just says the usual response,
"If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: www.sy9apses.plus.com"

This link takes me to the .."Index for" page which lists everything that i have uploaded.
The first page as required is entitled, <TITLE> index.html </TITLE> but there are two pages that appear the same both called, <TITLE> index.html </TITLE> could this be the problem?

Also the site is only 16.47 Mb in size but in "my webspace" it still says i have not used any webspace?

Big thankyou to all that can help.
3 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Cannot find my uploaded site?

Also the site is only 16.47 Mb in size but in "my webspace" it still says i have not used any webspace?

When did you upload it? This figure generates in the early hours of the morning, so if it was today, it won't appear until tomorrow.
N/A

Thanks for the fastest reply ever csogilvie, does it also take 24hours for the site to be available for viewing?
Community Veteran

It can take months/years or never to appear in googles search list. It will not appear a few minutes after you have created your website as that is not how the search engines work. They have to go out and look for new websites and those that already exist and hav changed. This can take days/weeks/months or it may never find it. Even when it does the site is graded to see if it is worth keeping in the database.

As for your content listing, you must create a default index.html file (this is the actual filename on disk, not the title of the webpage), or you can call it index.htm. This will then be automatically picked up by the Apache webserver and that page is show when you visit your URL without specifying a specifi html file.

Colin has answered your last Q.