cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my email to download from Plusnet to Outlook???

N/A

I have set up my email as per instructions, when I run the test account settings I get completed ok on all test's. However, when I check my email the email does not download to outlook on my machine?? Help please going out of my mind.
7 REPLIES
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are you talking Outlook or Outlook Express ?

If it is Outlook, you have to set the servers to POP3 : mail.plus.net and SMTP : relay.plus.net. You must also of course enter your account name and password, and then allocate a folder (a *.pst file) to download the mail to.

Finally, make sure you have told the system how to access the internet. If it is a dial-up, then you need to give it the right DUN reference. To test it, try logging on first and go to a third party URL - most people use BBC.co.uk to make sure you are live and kicking. Then then try to download your email once you are sure you are properly connected. That way you can be sure it is not a connection problem you are seeing which I suspect it might be.

If it is Outlook Express, then the principles are similar, except there is no *.pst file requirement.

It is difficult to help any more without knowing what you have actually done so far. I guess you have not got something quite right, because it is really reasonably straightforward.
N/A

I have pop3 and smtp set correctly, when I do a test settings everything works ok? it's outlook not outlook express. I can access my email using web mail with no problems. My other email account works ok.
N/A

What errors are you getting and which version of outlook?

Are you accessing a default email acount or a setup mail box?

If its the default you just supply the username and password if its a setup mail box then you need to put princejim+mailbox or you wont get it
N/A

Outlook version 2003 with SP2. I am accessing a setup mail account and putting in princejim+mailbox, I get no errors when accessing my mail from outlook i.e. send and receive, all get ticked but no email comes down to outlook?? There is email there.
N/A

Two things spring to mind.
What AV are you using? I could see this stoping it as some often take over the mail server and scan it. Try disabling the AV and see if that make a diffence.

The second thing is that outlooks folder is corrupt this is a known fault you may get around it by creating a new folder and diecting mail to the new folder.

If you have outlook express try setting that up and see if that works or get Thunderbird(it better and saffer than outlook and free)

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

. If the mail works in outlook express it will rule out a lot of faults let us know how you go on
N/A

mwright, setup an account using outlook express, same thing happens the computer accesses plusnet mail account, no fault detected, but no mail downloadedHuh Thanks for you help.
N/A

By the way other mail gets downloaded from my last ISP with no problems.