cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Hotmail

Richchad
Grafter

Can't get Hotmail

I only signed up yesterday for Broadband, so thought I would set up my new Plus email account to work with Outlook Express, all okay except when I send email to my Hotmail address from my Plus account either via OE or Webmail it is sent but never arrives? However if I send email from my Freeserve POP3 account or my Lycos HTTP server account it arrives immediately at the Hotmail address.
I can also send email from any of my email address's including Hotmail to my new Plus account without any problems.
Has anyone any ideas?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Can't get Hotmail

Did you try checking your junk mail folder on hotmail?
Just an idea.
Richchad
Grafter

Can't get Hotmail

Thanks for the reply, checked all hotmail folders, nothing there.

I have raised a ticket for this but it is rather long winded getting replies from 3 different people, the last one ignored all the previous ticket history and told me 'We do not have any identified problems with mail delivery' and to check the set up.

I can't understand why emails sent from my hotmail account arrive at my plus account but not when I reply, it just moves it from the outbox to sent items folder, I do not get any delivery failure message.

Email from my other two accounts, Lycos & Freeserve arrive at Hotmail okay..........strange. Can anyone help?
N/A

Can't get Hotmail

Are you sure you have the correct from address setup in your mail client?

Make sure it is in the format user@username.plus.com and not user@username.plus.net or anything else.
Richchad
Grafter

Can't get Hotmail

Thanks for reply,

I am not sure where you mean to check that I have the correct from address setup im my mail client .

If I send email direct from Hotmail or via OE it arrives okay at my Plus Web mail or via OE, but if I try to return the mail, it is sent but does not arrive at Hotmail either in OE or at the Hotmail website.

Not sure what to try next.............
N/A

Can't get Hotmail

OK - So just to clarify, the patter is as followns

PlusNet using OE to PlusNet using OE - OK
Hotmail to PlusNet using OE - OK

PlusNet using OE to Hotmail - Not OK.

If that is correct, then it is still possible the from address is wrong.

In OE, goto Tools -> Accounts.
Under the Mail tab, select your PlusNet account (not Hotmail) and goto properties.

Check that the from address (not the reply-to) read .plus.com on the end, and not.plus.net.

If this is correct, can you please post the full value. If you so wish, post via a private message if your rather it was kept secure.
N/A

Can't get Hotmail

As per the reply, it would appear that the correct values are in use.

As you noted, your not very competant at IT, however, you did post everything I needed, and more. So it's not all doom Smiley

Nothing springs to mind right off, and I have no way to testing this myself right off.
Richchad
Grafter

Can't get Hotmail

Just checked my hotmail account to see what filters were set and guess what I had it set to 'exclusive' which only allows emails already on my contacts list!

Egg & Face spring to mind, what can I say but thanks to you all for your efforts.