cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the Autentication user!!

N/A

Hi

I have a Zyxel Prestige L and am 99% certain have configured it correctly etc.
I am useing this in combination with a Linksys router which I have configured for port forwarding etc etc... I can configure the Prestige fine through it's management web and everything is ok there - but it just wont register! Interestingly, I cannot ping sip.plus.net (no reply) although it does resolve the ip address.

Every time I click on Register in the Prestige management console I I get the following error:

" Can't find the Autentication user!! "

Anyone have any ideas what causes this?

It's doing my nut in trying to get it to work! I tried the premium number but that just rings out ....

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Topic moved to the proper forum for the subject.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Have you checked your routing table and default gateway?
N/A

Hi, thanks for the reply.

When you say default gateway, do you mean on the Prestige? If yes, then this is set to my router's IP address.

As for my routing table, presume you mean on my linksys router? What should I check for? What routes should be in place?

One other bit of info, Xlite works fine from the pc. Although, it does not like me using the sip number as the username, only works with "plustalk" as the username. Of course, I am useing the sip number on the prestige.

many thanks - hope you can help!
N/A

You want to ensure the traffic from your PC goes through your router(s), and that your router containing your modem has the proper ip address for plusnet's gateway (normally this is retrieved via negotiation/authentication with plusnet's servers). The routing table for your PC's and routers should describe this.

Can you ping/resolve names from the router containing the modem?

However, if XLite works, then you clearly have a proper routing table and gateway, and it points towards an authentication problem, so I'd raise a ticket.
N/A

I'm starting to think it's authentication - especially as xlite works fine through the same router with the username "plustalk" but does not work with my sip number....emmm.

I have tried phoneing the premium number....no answer.

I currently have 4 tickets raised regarding various subjects and they have been open for 3 days with no reply...

Is there like only 1 member of support staff or something?
N/A

You might want to look at http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2590.msg32117.html#msg32117 for some details about using an IP address rather than the sip.plus.net hostname, as it'd seem there's some problems depending on what SIP server you end up getting connected to.