Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone test something for me?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Can somone with either an ATA or Ethernet type VIOP phone try dialing their home phone number and then hang up and note how many time the phone continues to ring after you have hung up. When I try it the phone continues to ring for 6 to 8 rings but PlusNet say the can't replicate this. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has the same findings as myself.
5 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Might rang on for 1 ring. That's using a GrandStream BT-101 connected to a Netgear DG834G router. I think someone else had a similar problem and the manufacturer of either their router of phone admitted it was their problem. Don't know if they fixed it.

Might be worth searching for it.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser

Found the thread I was thinking of. It was a thread started by you called Major Fault. Is it not the same problem in effect?

Phil
glloyd
Rising Star

Yes it was me, I'm getting the same problem with any VOIP harware I use so now I'm puzzled. Thanks for trying.
Superuser
Superuser

Anything other than PlusTalk in common with different setups? Have you tried it with anyother VOIP Provider? Is it just PSTN breakout it does it with, or is it the same to SIP numbers?

Phil
glloyd
Rising Star

I tried setting the GXP2000 with Sipgate on Line 2 but for some reason it would not register with both providers at the same time so not really sure to be honest.

Right I've managed to get set up with Sipgate and getting the same problem. Can I ask you, when you did the test was the phone conneted to the same phone outlet as the router? I don't seem to be getting the same problem when I dial my mobile as I do when I call my home phone which is connected to the same phone outlet.