cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Plustalk voicemail be turned off?

N/A

Hi all,

I currently have two DECT phones running through a VOIP adapter on my network, each with in-built voicemail systems on the phone base units. I would prefer to use these systems in place of the default voicemail on the plustalk system.

Does anyone know how this can be overriden/turned off so that it simply rings and the hardware voicemail system picks up the call after so many rings?

thanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

I'd like to know too, please!
N/A

This would also be useful for me as I am using Asterisk which already has voicemail.
N/A

I'd like to turn it off too, although luckily my answerphone grabs the call before voicemail does!
N/A

Me too. I'm running Asterisk that has its own voicemail which I have had to set to 15 seconds to avoid Plustalk's voicemail. However, if I'm on the phone when I get an incoming call, the caller is picked up by Plustalk's voicemail rather than within Asterisk.

After two weeks of struggling, I finally figured out how to make Plustalk work incoming and outgoing within Asterisk.
N/A

Can voicemail be turned off

Any news on this option being offered?
N/A

I'd also be interested in knowing if and when an option to turn off voicemail is added.

That said, Asterisk users can configure their dialplans to answer and pass a ring tone to the caller while Asterisk handles the call internally. If the call then times out, you can have it pass to Asterisk voicemail. Unfortunately, this means that the caller gets charged even if the call doesn't succeed - but there are alternatives.

Thankfully, those of us who have Asterisk can use another provider for inbound calls. Although it's an "experimental" service, VoipUser say that their inbound-only numbers will remain rock solid even when there are issues with outbound SIP. (I'm using IAX2 with my inbound-only Smiley ) If enough of us do that, I suspect that PN might find a way of turning off voicemail if only because someone else is creaming off the revenue from the inbound calls!

That said, it costs a lot more to phone non-geographical numbers than to call _01. and _02. (e.g look at PN's tarrifs) - so you'd do your callers a favour by taking a geographical number from Sipgate, Draytel, etc.

HTH,
N/A

can you please help me set up asterisk as well as turn that silly voicemail off when u call the 0845 number
N/A

First, visit http://www.asterisk.org/ - which is the home of Open Source Asterisk and from where you can download the latest version. Secondly, visit http://www.voip-info.org/ which is a good source of information for all things VoIP (including Asterisk). Thirdly, search the Internet for 'Asterisk TFOT PDF' (this should return a pdf version of "Asterisk, the future of telephony", which O'Reilly have allowed to be distributed). Fourthly, having read the relevant section in Asterisk TFOT select the Linux distro you want to use.

Alternatively, you might want to visit http://www.trixbox.org/ to get an enhanced version of Asterisk complete with Linux OS in one ISO image.

Whichever route you choose, you're going to need a spare computer on which to install the software and if you want to tie in the system to your landline and/or mobiles, you'll also need some Zaptel hardware.

Somewhere along the line, you might want to pay a visit to http://www.voipuser.org/ which has a very knowlegeable user base and can provide inbound and outbound numbers.

HTH,

Geoff
N/A

i've already got trix box, got outgoing calls working on trix box, but can't get incoming calls to work i just get that plus.net voicemail, any help would be great, just need to get the inbound to work
N/A

I'm not sure whether Trixbox uses extensions.conf or an AGI for the dialplan (I'm using vanilla Asterisk). However, the following works for me in my extensions.conf:

[globals]
rgMain= ;list of extensions in main ring group
RINGTIME=20 ;ring for 20 seconds before doing something else

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Dial(${rgMain},${RINGTIME},r)
exten => s,3,VoiceMail(umain@default)
exten => s,103,VoiceMail(bmain@default)

BTW, "main" is a voicemail box in the default voicemail context and the "r" option of the dial application tells Asterisk to pass it's ringing tone back to the caller.

Hopefully, this will give enough insight to let you modify it for Trixbox.

HTH,

Geoff