cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller identification to a land line ?

jagger
Grafter

Just been playing with Plustalk but run into a problem.

When I call my mate on his land line,my call arrives as unidentified on his phone.As he normally never answers unidentified callers,is there a method to ID my SIP call to his phone?

Ta. :?:
6 REPLIES
N/A

not at the moment no Sad
jagger
Grafter

bleeeuch.

That's going to ugger it bup.

Then I'm going to be treated like a call-centre with a sub-continental accent and not get answered.

I suppose that'll make it cheap to run.
N/A

I have posted an idea along the lines of this in the "Ideas" forum
jagger
Grafter

Cheesy Good idea Cheesy

Plus Talk is useless without it for me.A lot of people block unidentified numbers nowadays,me included sometimes (like around evening meal time Cheesy )

I suppose using the local rate number might do it,but that option looks horribly expensive to me.

As an aside,another mate who is with BT used his PC to phone the same number and his landline number showed up on the display.Is that just a BT thing do you think?
N/A

As an aside,another mate who is with BT used his PC to phone the same number and his landline number showed up on the display.Is that just a BT thing do you think?

What software is he using? Seems like he has entered a "preferred" number to forward as the outgoing CLI
N/A

Hi

I'd just like to add that my Brother has some sort of 'preffered number only' setup on his BT line which only allows calls from a known list. I can't ring him from Plustalk as the number is witheld, is there any way round this at all. It's a problem for me to.
By the way, how much does the local number cost rather than the 0845.

thanks

Steve