cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Btinternet email

N/A

Btinternet email

First posting and looking for help.
I have used various dial-up connections over the last 8-10 years with mixed responses and decided only last month it was about time I joined the broadband world and PlusNet looked to be the best option. (yet to be proved but looking good)
My questions is as follows:
I have an email address @btinternet.com and have used this since around 1996-7 with all the various dial-ups I have been with through SMTP and POP3 in Outlook (not express). I signed up to broadband and can freely download my emails from BTinternet but cannot send any. Is this something that is stopped by BT or PlusNet and is there anyway around it. My address does no receive a lot of spam and I would like to continue to make use of it.
Advice pleaseHuh
total newbie Chris
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Btinternet email

1st: Welcome to the forums!
2nd: Change your outgoing server to relay.plus.net and that should solve your problem.

Hope this helps!
N/A

Btinternet email

Thanks, will try this tonight and let you know.
N/A

Btinternet email

Oliver,

Thanks this worked, didnt't realise it was that simle and feel slightly follish now. All my emails work in and out.

I really love plusnet now!!!
Community Veteran

Btinternet email

1) Don't feel foolish a lot of ISP's will only let you use thier out going server if connected to them.

2) My name is not Oliver my user name is no7olivier

3) Sorry about number two but no7olivier bears no relation to my real name! It was the best thing I could think of when I signed up and gets annoying when people spell olivier wrong! :lol: