cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser refresh

N/A

Browser refresh

Can anyone help. I am running a forum board but it has a problem which at present I can cure by refreshing the page. Can anyone suggest a way to force a page refresh once it is loaded. I can get it to continually refresh with time gaps but I really require it to refresh once, immediately then no more. Anyone suggest a method or code?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Browser refresh

N/A

Browser refresh

I will have a look at these but I suspect that the pages will keep refreshing. I need the page to load, then refresh once and thats it. My problem relates to forum board that is at http://ccgi.briston.plus.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html where sometimes you do not see all the posts, or a new post unless the page is refreshed after it is first loaded.
N/A

Browser refresh

use PHPBB? or invision or some other board?
N/A

Browser refresh

I wanted to use the particular board that I am trying as it is so simple for the end user. No registration etc. It will be used for a local community web site relateing to our community magazine and I want the general public to just be able to drop in and comment.The style of Matts script, or rather the updated version is more suitable for the 'customer'.
N/A

Browser refresh

fair enough, then er um bug the developer of the setup to fix the bugs Smiley
N/A

Browser refresh

Actaully another post gave me a clue. At present I have set a meta tag for no cashe as it looks as if it works. The reason for the refresh seems to be because the page would be fetched from cashe rather than reload, the refresh was actually cureing the symptom not the real cause. Many thanks for the suggestions anyway. Now I will set about putting the finishing touches to it.