cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone: Config to use handset with BT Voyager 2500V

N/A

Hi,

I'm not long subscribed to the F9 "experience"; so far I'm reasonably pleased, but can't seem to figure this part out:

I have the Broadband Phone 240 service, and I'm using the BT Voyager 2500V router I bought from F9.

Does anyone know of a way of configuring this router, such that I can use my normal handset to make VoIP calls from that handset?

(I've previously had the service with BT, using the same model of router, so the physical config is ok - I think!)

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers
2 REPLIES
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are you using the router to connect to Force 9 or are you using something else?

I ask because all the reports I have found on Google seem to say this router is locked to BT, there are some suggestions you can unlock the router but it's all a bit vague and relies on running some Javascript to unlock it.

One question asked but not answered was would a factory reset remove the lock but no-one seemed to come up with an answer.

That's about all I could find out, sorry, regards, Colin.
orrery
Grafter

None of the postings I've seen indicate that people have had much success in setting up routers or ATAs for use with Plustalk. I've switched to sipgate, which works well, but the Plustalk service has continued to be unsatisfactory on the same ATA.

There are plenty of VOIP services out there - Plustalk would seem to be a poor choice on almost any count.

regards, Ian