cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blogging on plusnet

beatnic
Dabbler

Blogging on plusnet

Can anyone advise me on how to get a blog running on my plusnet webspace?

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere in the forum but I couldn't find any info on it

Cheers
6 REPLIES
N/A

Blogging on plusnet

beatnic
Dabbler

Blogging on plusnet

Thanks, I'll give it a go
beatnic
Dabbler

Blogging on plusnet

Just wanted to say thanks to rbentley for pointing me towards WordPress

It's worked a treat, and it's been fairly quick to update templates and stylesheets and get up and running

I've set up a very brief step-by-step guide in case other PlusNet users want to set up a blog

Cheers
- Nic Price
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Blogging on plusnet

Sorry to be dumb, but as a matter of interest... what's a blog :?: Shockedops:
N/A

Blogging on plusnet

Do a search for "define:blog" on google.

Excelent little tool.
beatnic
Dabbler

Blogging on plusnet

Hi, there's also a useful definition of a blog on Wikipedia

A weblog, Web log or simply a blog, is a web application which contains periodic posts on a common webpage. These posts are often but not necessarily in reverse chronological order. Such a Web site would typically be accessible to any Internet user. The term "blog" came into common use as a way of avoiding confusion with the term server log.

Blogs run from individual diaries to arms of political campaigns, media programs and corporations, and from one occasional author to having large communities of writers. Some are maintained by single authors, while others have multiple authors. Many weblogs enable visitors to leave public comments, which can lead to a community of readers centered around the blog; others are non-interactive. The totality of weblogs or blog-related websites is usually called the blogosphere.