N/A

Blogger

k will do thanks anyway

will rtfm in the meantime Smiley
7 REPLIES
N/A

Blogger

Hi All

Can anyone help I am having a nightmare using my blogger account publishing to my plusnet webspace, it lets me publish the template fine but when I try to post a blog to it from the blogger website I am getting :
550 2004_09_01_: Permission denied on file:2004_09_01_

Help please :shock:
Community Veteran

Blogger

What software are you using? How are you writing your blog and how do you write it to the file?

What plusnet webspace are you using: www or cgi

What is the permission set for the file in question and the directory it is in?

Is this something that has happened recently or is this the first timem you have tried to do this?

Does the blogging software include any perl or php or cgi scripts. If so, they must be run from your cgi webspace (withing cgi-bin for perl (.pl) and .cgi and outside cgi-bin for .html & .php)
N/A

Blogger

What software are you using? Tried posting from the blogger.com site / and using blog this / and bloggar client

How are you writing your blog and how do you write it to the file? not sure here (am newbie to blogging).

What plusnet webspace are you using: www or cgi ? www

What is the permission set for the file in question and the directory it is in?
I have tried using htdocs and htdocs/blog with 777 perms

Is this something that has happened recently or is this the first timem you have tried to do this?
This is the first time I have just signed up with plusnet, adsl isn't active yet but I noticed my webspace is available, so I am trying to get webspace in order before activation
Community Veteran

Blogger

I would wait until your ADSL is activated as not all services are available to you while you are not a full PlusNet customer. They may be setup (because it is an automated system) but may not be accessable.
N/A

Blogger

HI I have now got my account activated and am still having problems with my blogs from blogger.com being published on my webspace.

the actual template uploads fine but when I post to the blog on blogger.com it still throws and access denied error. with the same error as before
carrot63
Grafter

Blogger

I had the same problem. Blogger is trying to publish the monthly archive of your post, but cant becuase you havent set an archive name. You need to go to Blogger settings, then to a tab named "archive" and set the name for archive files. If you set the archive name as archive.html, the HTML file will be named 2004_09_01archive.html, and the plus servers will accept it. As the file is currently named "2004_09_01_ ", the plus servers dont recognise the file type and wont accept it.

Hope that does it.

Mark
N/A

Blogger

That worked

Many Thanks