cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

Following on from my 'lost connection' topic......

All connections were OK. I have had problems in the past, where I have had to reconnect the modem. I had no desktop icon so uninstalled and reinstalled the modem drivers. Got the icon, double clicked and asked if I wanted to connect? Never done that before. Usually just goes to the set up screen. So clicked work offline and got a message that the page was not available offline. :x

So can't set up the connection, or connect! :x

Using XP with SP2.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

Hi, Open up a browser and put this into it. http://192.168.1.2/

hope that gets you to the set up page

tom
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

Tom,

Copy and pasted the address to the browser and still got page not available.

I am guessing that it must be something in the settting looking for offline pages on line. Any offline pages I open from my documents, but I can't find where the shortcut points to! :x
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

Reloaded windows last night. This did not help.

Is there a way I can check the modem itself?
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

have been able to load the modem drivers onto another computer. Double click on the shortcut and it goes to the correct page to load all the details in. Guess this proves the modem is OK

On my computer, XP Firewall is turned off and I have uninstalled the Zone Alarm. Is there anything else that will stop an off line page working?

I have had the following from Binatone technical support.

"Click on START>RUN and type ipconfig, in the command prompt window type ipconfig and look for the Ip addresses and default gateway address that appear, if you see a default gateway of 192.168.1.2 then type ping 192.168.1.2 and see if you get any reply or what error message you get."

I have done this, I get a black screen briefly come up and then disappear. From what I can see, the screen is blank. So I don't get a chance to type anything in. Any way to keep the display on?

I have also tried swapping USB Ports, but without success. Will try a different one tonight.

Any advice out there?
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Binatone ADSL500 Modem

I have the cure, but not the reason why!

Having uninstalled Zone Alarm trying install a latest version, I reinstalled the old version and then the short cut allowed me to go to the off line page. Smiley