cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binary newsgroup provider

topfisher
Grafter

Can anyone reccommend a good 1 that accepts a debit card for payment.

Thanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

Newgroups

http://easynews.com

This one's great!!
Community Veteran

http://www.news.astraweb.com/
Depending on your usage, Astrawebs pay per down load may suit you. [It suits me]
They are still running the special offer atm ie 90GB for the price of 65GB. [around £13.00.] Wink

I have experienced some slow down lately on the "ppdl" server, however I just switched to their "Europe" server and all is good.
topfisher
Grafter

Thanks, but none of these accepts a Maestro debit card.
Community Veteran

Have you got Mastercard?

I used a visa debit card. Visa credit card would have been fine also.
topfisher
Grafter

Have you got Mastercard?

I used a visa debit card. Visa credit card would have been fine also.

No, I've only got an HSBC Maestro debit card.

Are visa debit cards easy to get hold of? I don't think I'd get a credit card because I'm on benefits due to ill health.
Community Veteran

Hi

Sorry to hear you are of ill health.
I can sympathise as I too am in that position these days. [Disabled with no tangable, suitable treatment available as yet. However I have another hospital appointment this month, so fingers crossed........ ]

I have made a couple of calls. HSBC say that you could apply for their Mastercard credit card, and would recieve [as an existing customer] some preferential consideration compared to "Joe Bloggs", and would not need to have any particular income level to do this.

I also called my bank [with whom I have a Visa debit card], they told me that they work on a credit rating system when first applying. :? So I dont know if that is a route you want to take.

Long and tall of it is, there is no harm in applying! They can only say yes, or no! Smiley

Best regards.
N/A

@yorkstown

If the debit card allows you to use PayPal, you could use one of the services costings under 3.50 a month, www.usenet-access.com charges US$ 6/month and allows 2 GB a day, or their sister site www.newsgroup-binaries.com charging $2.50 a month and allowing 5 GB. Both sites are run by the same firm, and resell news from Newsfeeds.com (one of the top 10, perhaps).

With PayPal you'd be able to cancel the subscription any time you wanted, if you decided not to stick with them longer than the first month...
michaelscott
Grafter

Try usenet monster. They take paypal and will give you unlimited gigs for about £10-£11/mo.

I've been with them for almost a year. Great speeds and absolutely no problems.
topfisher
Grafter

Hi

Sorry to hear you are of ill health.
I can sympathise as I too am in that position these days. [Disabled with no tangable, suitable treatment available as yet. However I have another hospital appointment this month, so fingers crossed........ ]

I have made a couple of calls. HSBC say that you could apply for their Mastercard credit card, and would recieve [as an existing customer] some preferential consideration compared to "Joe Bloggs", and would not need to have any particular income level to do this.

I also called my bank [with whom I have a Visa debit card], they told me that they work on a credit rating system when first applying. :? So I dont know if that is a route you want to take.

Long and tall of it is, there is no harm in applying! They can only say yes, or no! Smiley

Best regards.

Hi, sorry to hear of your disability. I suffer from an illness that has as yet no treatment also, so we're in the same boat there. :roll:

Thanks very much for making the calls to the bank. It was very nice of you. I think I will apply for a credit card if I can't find anything suitable that accepts my debit card.

Thanks again.
topfisher
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll have a look.