cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of charges

AndyMan
Grafter

Beware of charges

I have a sub to plustalk anytime (free landline calls at all times) , I just noticed on my itemised bill that I am now being charged for calls ....

Calls since the 14/5 (the start of my billing cycle) have been charged. I can only think its because PN are too slow to take my direct debit (taken yesterday 18th May) and my account is still showing as "pending" for this month.

So beware , I guess if I had not got credit on my Plustalk account then I would not have been able to use it at all since the 14th ....
12 REPLIES
AndyMan
Grafter

Beware of charges

hmmm ticket open on this now for nearly 16 hours.

I know the amount is trivial but you have a problem with your system that needs sorting ...

Last month I had restrictions on my account for 2/3 rds of my billing cycle because PN were late taking the direct debit , and this month I am getting charged for "free" phonecalls because they are late. Both times the money has been in the bank and no attempt was made to take it until at least 4 days late.
N/A

Beware of charges

I could only make 2/3 of my free calls and this had nothing to do with my billing month. If I had credit in my Plustalk account this probably would have been used. So I could have been in the same boat as you. I've raised a ticket and the fault is under investigation and 10+ days later I'm still waiting for a resolution.
AndyMan
Grafter

Beware of charges

I am on plustalk anytime ie 4.99 per month so ALL my minutes to UK landlines should be free . Its just that I started getting charged for them the day my new cycle began 14th May so I assume its connected .
N/A

Beware of charges

out of interest, how goes it in general with the 4.99 'unlimited' package?

Call quality etc.
Do you just use for out-going calls and let people phone you on your normal landline rather than the 0845 number.

Have you made any internalional calls?

I ask, as I currently use sipgate, who are generally pretty good, but for 1000mins landline I pay 5.90, the international rates seem cheaper though, and I get a geographic local number, but the 4.99 package is interesting.

Mark
JonathanW
Grafter

Beware of charges

Andyman, I've taken a look at the ticket that you've raised, as even if its a small ammount being charged for included calls isn't something that should be happened. As such its been raised through to our development team for further investigation.
N/A

Beware of charges

Jon

Still waiting for a conclusion on ticket no. 19348109 raised on the 9th May which is probably related to Andyman problem.
N/A

Beware of charges

I wonder if it has anything to do with all the PAYG and Premier broadband accounts now coming bundled with 120/240 minutes respectively, and that somehow this clashes with what you pay IN ADDITION for unlimited calls.
AndyMan
Grafter

Beware of charges

out of interest, how goes it in general with the 4.99 'unlimited' package?

Call quality etc.
Do you just use for out-going calls and let people phone you on your normal landline rather than the 0845 number.

Have you made any internalional calls?

I ask, as I currently use sipgate, who are generally pretty good, but for 1000mins landline I pay 5.90, the international rates seem cheaper though, and I get a geographic local number, but the 4.99 package is interesting.

Mark

Sorry for not replying earlier but I havent really had much time to test it. I switched back to voipcheap when I saw the charges being added. When the issue is resolved (if ever) then I will switch back and see how it goes.
N/A

Beware of charges

Andyman, I've taken a look at the ticket that you've raised, as even if its a small ammount being charged for included calls isn't something that should be happened. As such its been raised through to our development team for further investigation.

I've experienced the same:

16/05/2006 0145XXXXXXX 18:31:50 2:01 N/A £0.020

My package includes Plus Talk evenings and weekends, so this shoudln't have been charged. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for making longer calls. Especially as I've been waiting a month for a refund on the last over-charge you made to my account.
N/A

Beware of charges

@atomik
As a matter of interest how many minutes do you use before you were charged. I'm on BB PAYG and get 120 free minutes. I only used 83 minutes before I was getting an automated voice message that I was out of credit. I was actually cut off during a call as the system thought I was out of credit. Have not added credit to account as this will be used to pay for the free calls. Raised a ticket 15 days ago and PN are still saying that they are working on the problem.
N/A

Beware of charges

00:42:47. Although as I took out the special offer, my understanding is that all off-peak calls should be unbilled anyway.
AndyMan
Grafter

Beware of charges

Well over a month has passed and still no satifactory answer to my problem. So called support have closed the ticket as it was inactive for 2 weeks (me waiting for them to come up with answers) . Am only glad I have now cancelled my plustalk sub and will be moving to a more another voip service.