cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golferpete
Grafter

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to get a Avatar under my name and a sudo name like most have on here,I'm no Pc geek Shockedops:
Cheers
Pete.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Best way to get an avatar if you dont know how to edit pictures or upload files is by finding one on google:

http://images.google.co.uk

Then right click the image and click properties, then copy the Address (URL)

Then paste the URL into your profile (at the top of your screen next to "Search") where it says "Link to off-site Avatar:" (at the bottom of the Profile).

Then push submit!

Easy peasy

Not sure what you mean by "sudo name"?
holdtight
Grafter

The problem with that is that most dont like or want you to link directly to there images and webspace as its using up there bandwidth

Peter i would suggest that you use the webspace provided for you to host the image you want to use as your avatar remembering that the limit is 80 x 80 pixels and save it as a gif to reduce the overall size
Have a read through Here which is a tutorial on using your webspace and how to go about uploading your images via ftp

Once youve done that right click and copy the image location from the address bar come back here and click profile at the top of the page go to the bottom and paste the location into the space provided under the name "link to offsite avatar" and click submit