cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

N/A

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

until I started reading this forum I had never heard of Nod32 or Avast. They do now seem to get much attention in the computer magazines. So all the iknformation we can get on here is very valuable and I am pleased to see it
12 REPLIES
joecool
Grafter

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Hi using Avast AV Version 4.6 home edtion at the moment which seems excellent............I haven't activated the email protection as yet because I wasn't sure if needed due to 'plusnet's' own email virus scanner & I also use 'Mailwasher Pro'

I thought it might cause a problem ?

Is this so? Do I need to use the Avast email protection ?

Appreciate any help

Thx
Community Veteran

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

The more protection you have the better so turn it on and see what happens. The PlusNet spam and anti-virus scanners are not perfect just like the majority of other spam/AV software.
joecool
Grafter

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

OK ! I'll give it a go cheers !!
N/A

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Download Spamfighter, it's free and does a good job of getting rid of spam Cheesy
joecool
Grafter

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

I'll take a look ...thx
Heloman
Grafter

Re: Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Hi using Avast AV Version 4.6 home edtion at the moment which seems excellent............I haven't activated the email protection as yet because I wasn't sure if needed due to 'plusnet's' own email virus scanner & I also use 'Mailwasher Pro'

I thought it might cause a problem ?

Is this so? Do I need to use the Avast email protection ?

Appreciate any help

Thx

I use Avast! which is excellent, as well as Plusnets AV protection. No problem, they complement each other.
Mailwasher is useful for spam protection, and also works fine in tandem with PN's .
joecool
Grafter

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Thx everything is working well together...........Smiley
N/A

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Avast! is by far the best anti-virus program I have ever used. It out performs Norton, McAfee, Nod, Trend Micro, AVG etc in my humble opinion.

I'm using Avast! e-mailing scanning and it has always done the job well. I switched off Plusnet's e-mail scanning, but I'm going to enable it again. Two layers of protection are indeed better than one! Cheesy
N/A

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Avast! is by far the best anti-virus program I have ever used. It out performs Norton, McAfee, Nod, Trend Micro, AVG etc in my humble opinion.

Bold Statement lol NOD32 has the track record of never missing a virus in the wild, I'm not sure avast can claim the same.
Wink

but then we are talking self opinion here :-)
Sakky
Dabbler

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

I use Avast and the mail protection with no problems at all Cheesy ... but then my pc is protected like Forts Knox Cool
N/A

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

Bold Statement lol NOD32 has the track record of never missing a virus in the wild, I'm not sure avast can claim the same.
Wink

but then we are talking self opinion here :-)

Yep, I know about how good Nod 32's in-the-wild protection is, I'm just not that keen on the interface and have had problems trying to delete viruses with it in the past. I may re-install it sometime in the future. I'm continually downloading trial versions of anti-virus programs from download.com to evaluate. The only program which caused many problems with errors, blue screens etc was Panda Titanium. Good virus detection, but too buggy and unstable.

I'm installed a 30 day evaluation version of Norman anti-virus yesterday, but have discovered just how expensive it is to buy, so I'll probably be back on Avast! very soon! Wink
N/A

Avast ! & Plusnet ! ?

house10,

The interface to any program is important, and I think it's where a lot of companies fall down.

I used to use Kaspersky, but the original interface to that was poor, but it was so good at what it did, I kept using it.

NOD32, I've found pretty easy to use and get around, I guess some of the options are not that obvious, but once it's setup it works well.

If your happy with Avast, then it's probably best to stick with that.