cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asterisk / trixbox configuration

N/A

I'm just getting my new trixbox 2.0 server up and running and thought I'd have a go at using it with my plustalk account.

Does anyone have a good guide for the best / most stable configuration on the asterisk side that will allow outbound (less concerned about inbound) calls?

I've got the feeling a little help would save me hours or wandering in the dark looking for answers to niggling problems ...

Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

Ditto

Hi
Im doing the same, has anyone got it going with Plus talk ?
N/A

I'm having a nightmare with this too. Occasionally I get an outbound call OK. It just seems so unreliable that I've defaulted back to Sipgate for all outgoing routed calls.

My plan was to use the free 240 minutes as first outbound trunk for 01/02 calls with Sipgate picking up the rest.

My current plustalk trunk ougoing setup is:-

allow=ulaw&alaw
authname=<PLUSTALK SIP ID>
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk
disallow=all
dtmfmode=info
fromdomain=<PLUSNET USER>.plus.com
fromuser=plustalk
host=sip.plus.net
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=<PLUSNET WEB PASSWORD>
type=friend
user=phone
username=plustalk

I also noticed that it never seems to work if I named the outgoing trunk plaustalk-something rather than plustalksomething. It didn't seem to liek the hyphen. This could simply have been a coincidence though, although removing the hyphen seemd to get a call through again.

If anyone plays with these settings and gets soemthing reliable then I'd appreciate you letting us know.

AT the moment I think the plustalk system is just too unreliable for outbound call routing through Asterisk/Trixbox
N/A

Did anyone make any progress on this?
N/A

been running plustalk of trixbox for over a year. the only problem now and again is that sometimes the receiving end can't hear us. i simply switch the trunks over (i have 3 plusnet trunks configured with the ip's of the plustalk servers)
notice the ip's instead of the fqdn's for the plustalk servers. it's not ideal as you have to manually switch if a plustalk server goes down. but it's ok. still can't receive though.

my config is:

canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=myaccount.plus.com
fromuser=plustalk
host=84.92.0.75
insecure=very
nat=yes
qualify=yes
registerattempts=0
registertimeout=40
secret=mypassword
type=friend
username=plustalk@myaccount.plus.com

register string is:
plustalk@myaccount.plus.com:mypassword@84.92.0.75/plustalk
N/A

Thanks for the information. I will give these settings a try.

I wish PlusNet would support this platform better.

I would really like to make better use of the PlusTalk platform