cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asterisk @ Home Integeration

astarsolutions
Grafter

Has anyone got Plus Talk working with an Asterisk@Home setup or possibly Asterisk, I have tried but keep getting errors when it tries to register.

If anyone has got it working can they post the related config files.

Thanks
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Arthur,

From Ian, one of my PUG colleagues, comes this.

Here goes.

Add a new SIP trunk . In outband caller ID enter your telephone number (The 0845 one). In trunk incoming, name it plustalk-incoming. The peer details are:

canreinvite=no
fromdomain=account.plus.com
fromuser=plustalk
host=sip.plus.net
insecure=very
nat=yes
qualify=yes
secret=mypassword
type=friend
username=plustalk@account.plus.com

Where account is your plusnet account name and mypassword is the account password.

In outgoing, name the peer plusnet. The peer settings are:
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
fromdomain=account.plus.com
fromuser=plustalk
host=sip.plus.net
insecure=very
nat=yes
qualify=yes
secret=mypassword
type=friend
username=plustalk@account.plus.com

The qualify=yes allows you to do a sip show peers from within Asterisk to show peer connectivity.

Now the register string is:
plustalk@account.plus.com:mypassword@sip.plus.net/plustalk

Now save the settings. Click on outbound routing and add a route. I prefix all calls to Plustalk with an 8, so my dial rules are "8|." (without quotes but WITH the fullstop)

Set the trunk sequence, I use 0 = SIP/plustalk (the name you gave the outgoing peer above)

In inbound routing I found a problem when I tried to use digital receptionist so I have force the default route to be to call extension 200 (my internal extension). I recommend not using immediate answer as this will charge incoming callers from the time that the line connects including during the initial ringing phase.

Ian

Taken from the original Plus Net thread here (username guest password guest, if anyone wants a look.)

Hope that helps.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Where would the plustalk userid fit into that?