cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you a serving or ex squaddie?

N/A

Acording to the sticky post at the top of this forum, we're allowed to publicise our own websites in here so here goes.....

I just launched my site a few days ago so am now looking for members to join up. No fees, no advertisements, just an online community for serving and ex members of the British Army.

Here's the main description....

"The command post is an online community where serving and ex serving members of the British Army can share their thoughts, experiences and pictures of Army life and look for those long-lost friends."

http://cgi.lima1.plus.com/

PS: The front page is deliberately low on content as I have restricted the core of the site to members only.
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Just as a note, the page is being stretched at my resolution (1280 x 1024).

Only appears to be happening in Firefox, however.
N/A

Tks for the input martinfamily. It will be stretched at that res as I've based it on 1024 x 768. The res of a wbsite is wanna those things where u can't suit everyone, I'm afraid. I picked that res as it's generally a happy medium. I run firefox as my deffault browser, too but have checked it out on Internet Exploder and on 1024 x 768 is seems ok. If anyone else experiences probs with the site, please don't hesitate to mention it here, though Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

Actually I am at a higher res, so if you have built it for 1024 x 768 then it certainly shouldn't be stretching over the edge of my screen as mine is 256p wider than yours.

Also, your statement about not being able to suit everyone is a bit incorrect really. The standard resolution, unfortunately, is still 800 x 600, and the Plusnet website will appear fine at any resolution above that. As a Website Designer on a professional basis, I aim to ensure cross-compatibility between my websites also. Check out www.rockreview.co.uk for a good example.

Anyway, it's a nice clean effort. Unfortunately the subject matter probably isn't very relevant to me, so I shant sign up just yet! Well done though.
N/A

It seem the prob is with Firefox, then as I had some "anomalies" with it when I was putting the site together. It was actually the oposite to what you are experiencing, though. It fit perfectly on FF but In IE it was strectched so I tweaked it to fit in IE, too.

You would think that after all this time, browsers would have become totally compatible with each other by now. Atleast on such basics as resolution issues.
N/A

Overall the site is good, but the scrolling text seems to take too long, and I find slightly distracting.

If you've read one, you waiting an age before the next one is ready to be read.
N/A

Tks for the feedback, Gadget. I've Sped them up a lil now. What's the bettin someone will say they're too fast now, lol?