cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appache web server

N/A

Appache web server

I have got the above up and running as a development web server on my own machine but I want to open it up to the net. All day today my ip address has been the same - so presumably it gets changed every 24 hours or so by plusnet. I know I need to get a static address allocated but what else do I have to do ?

If there any tutorials anywhere it would be good. I am using a origo plus 4 router. I understand I have to put the static ip address in the router software and also apache.

Howw do I get the router to allow stuff through to the pc ?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

Appache web server

ok say you have requested your static ip, and it is a.b.c.d

now, say you run your apache webserver on your home box, with the internal IP of w.x.y.z

log into your router, and forward all Port 80 TCP requests to w.x.y.z and it should *just* work

you should have the PAT // NAT // Port forwarding options under an advanced tab in the routers set up.

Buz
N/A

Appache web server

How do I know what the internal ip address of my box with apache installed is?

Thanks
N/A

Appache web server

still need an answer to the above query but have now got into the advanced setup for the router - under virtual server it wants to know-

- public port start and public port end - guess I put 80 in both of these ?
- private port - wants a number ?
- port type ? ()TCP/udp) - guess tcp ?
- host ip address ? - guess this is the computer box ip address and not the static ip or gateway ip address ?

Thanks
N/A

Appache web server

www.buzzons.co.uk/tutorials/network/network.htm

for a small guide to setup ur network and work out what is what