cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone planning to move to BE Unlimited....???

N/A

Getting enabled next month on my exchange Cheesy In fact.. theyve even moved the date forward a month.. which was a suprise, after it had already slipped several months from the date they gave over a year ago!!!

24mbps for £24... well worth the extra couple of quid over my PN Prem account!!!! Not too sure what real world speeds would be, but anything around 16mbps+ would be great!!!!
6 REPLIES
mitchell20
Grafter

I know a couple of people who have just switched to BE (one from PN) and they are getting between 6 - 15 MB download speeds depending on the time of day. They are both on different London exchanges. Distance from your exchange really does play a large roll in what speeds you will get at anything above BT wholesale MaxDSL speeds.
N/A

Well, im physically about 100m from the exchange, so would assume that the cable should nto be too much longer!!

I currently get 6-7mb from my prem PN account.. so hopefully I would see a good increase if I switch to BE!
Community Veteran

Hey Guys, I've moved this to everything internet as it's not appropriate for community support. The best place however for discussion of other ISP's is ThinkBroadband (AKA ADSLGuide).
N/A

I've been patiently counting the days until my 12 months are up.
Be are now enabeld on my exchange, which I live live about 200 metres from, so I have been seriously giving them some thought.

However, I did read somewhere that Be and o2 have struck some kind of deal and that there is a possibility of o2 contract customers being offered free broadband, similar to Orange customers. Could mean Be's bandwidth ends up being completely swamped in the future.
Community Veteran

IIRC o2 now own Be*
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

I know a couple of people who have just switched to BE (one from PN) and they are getting between 6 - 15 MB download speeds depending on the time of day. They are both on different London exchanges. Distance from your exchange really does play a large roll in what speeds you will get at anything above BT wholesale MaxDSL speeds.

How far are they from there exchange?