cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having problems dialing out with sipdiscount today?

N/A

Hi

I am unable to make a call using sipdiscount today...anyone else having the same problems?

I assume it is a service outage rather than my own set-up as it has been working fine for the last few weeks and I can still 'ping' the ATA etc. and there is no error lights on it - I just get the 'engaged' tone when trying any number. Also when dialing the incoming number from the PSTN I get a message saying that the number is temporarily unavailable...

Hopefully it shouldn't last too long...perhaps an unprecedented number of people have been signing up and they are having problems coping with demand?

Ah well, good to have the POTS to revert back to in times like this.

Regards
3 REPLIES
N/A

Seems as though the service is back to normal now! I assume that there was maybe just too many people using the service at the same time!
N/A

Update: Poor PSTN quality from sipdiscount today again!

Just to let you know that service was crackly/poor earlier today and the person on the other end couldn't hear. Later when I checked I got the engaged tone when phoning my PSTN number so I assume the service was down for maintenance.

Seems to be working fine again now though..perhaps the service is becoming too popular and/or over-subscribed?
N/A

This seems to be more frequent now...I'm having to use my POTS more often nowadays...I might actually have to pay to get a decent service..Makes PlusTalk seem like better value now!

Anybody else having problems?